Monday 9 July 2012

Some feedback from writers poets and critics on the book

Quotes and comments from people who have had a preview of the book.


"I am a great believer in the public and collective potential of poetry, but I also think that a certain kind of poetry does resemble the ancient practice of a lone individual talking directly with God or the sacred," Alex Niven, editor of the Oxonian Review.


"I would be happy to support this book. It is very poignant and can help others." Jason Pegler, publisher, and author of "A can of Madness"




"Thank you for sending your poems though, which I've read. 
As they stand, I think they would make a lovely personal memorial for your wife" Kate Clanchy. 
(This one does not sit well at all with me! I publish it for the sake of balance. I just find it patronizing and insensitive.)






"I was honoured to conduct the funeral of the extraordinary woman at the centre of this book. Nick's book is intensely intimate: it takes the reader over wild seas of self-reflection, provoking learning all the way. Well worth reading." Emma Restell Orr, writer and druid.



No comments:

Post a Comment