Tuesday 22 May 2012

A warm welcome to my weblog

Thank you for stopping by.

It is time to start writing again. I have finally published my book, "A Journey Through Grief", which you can buy for £10 = £2 postage and packing from my website

www.nickowenphotography.co.uk.

This blog is about the next steps. It will be three years since Gill's death on June 12th 2012.

I am organising the book launch. Sometimes I have thought that I would never be ready to move on. Whenever I spoke about the dying or the death so much emotion welled up that I became lost in it.

It isn't that all the feelings have gone. It is only that I am no longer consumed with the grief of that time.

At last I can get on with the rest of my life.

I have thought for a long time that I would one day make a significant contribution to the field of death and dying.

 I worked for the Oxfordshire Befriending Network supervising their counsellor group for a while.
Just when I was really engaged with the process the organisation lost its funding, and Gill died.

Now it is time to make a go of it at the second attempt, starting with the launch of the book.

I am meeting with people at the Oxford Albion Beatnik Book shop tomorrow. I hope to be able to announce a book launch date very soon.

That process begins with a curious question, which I was asked by Luce at the book shop;

"Have you forgiven Gill yet."

I have never thought that I needed to forgive Gill.

Yet her decision to go on drinking when she was likely to die fairly soon if she did not stop, leaving behind two sons and a devoted husband might lead many to think that there was a lot to forgive.

Some of the answers to this question are in my book.

But I shall ponder on it and comment again here.

Meanwhile I will talk to the Dying matters people about sharing the launch pad with me.


 http://www.dyingmatters.org/ 


Gill and I at our wedding, affirming life. Now she affirms my work around death and dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment